FC CLACTON suffered penalty heartache after losing on spot-kicks to go out of the FA Cup at Kings Langley.

The Seasiders lost 4-2 on penalties, after their first qualifying round tie at Southern Premier League Central Division side Kings Langley finished 1-1.

Tom Austin's side had made the long trip into Hertfordshire as a reward for their epic 10-9 penalty shootout victory over Hadley in the preliminary round, at The Austin Arena.

Jordan Blackwell had given FC Clacton a sixth-minute lead from the penalty spot.

But Jorell Johnson equalised late on for the hosts and the game eventually went to penalties, where the Seasiders were defeated.

Ricky Griggs wrote on Twitter: 'Really enjoyed tonight playing for @FC_Clacton. Unlucky to lose on pens but really held our own against a decent step 3 side. Clacton will do well this season.'

FC Clacton return to Thurlow Nunn League premier division action on Saturday when they host Thetford Town, at The Austin Arena.

The Seasiders are also at home next Tuesday night when they entertain Whitton United, also in the premier division.

They will be looking to bounce back following their 2-1 defeat at Gorleston, where Chris Ribchester bagged the consolation goal.

BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT also experienced FA Cup disappointment after losing 2-1 at Bury Town, to bow out of the competition.

Khris Oti scored the R's consolation goal.

Regent were left frustrated by the woodwork after losing 2-1 at home to Margate on the opening day of the new Isthmian League Premier season.

A crowd of 202 was swelled by travelling support as spectators were allowed back to watch competitive football.

Regent fell behind after ten minutes when Finn O’Reilly was bundled over and Luke Carey scored from the edge of the penalty area.

Bennett’s lob came back off the post for Brightlingsea before the break while after half-time, Kane Gilbert’s effort rebounded off the post.

The woodwork was hit again through Khris Oti while the visitors then also hit the post, before Margate doubled their lead when Bancroft drove the ball into the net.

However, Regent were back in it two minutes later when Valter Rocha jinked through the defence and scored.

Lewis Byrne Hunt’s fierce shot crashed off the post before the end, as Regent were beaten.