LITTLE OAKLEY got their title challenge back on track in Thurlow Nunn League first division south after a 5-1 victory at BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT RESERVES.

Matt Carmichael's side suffered a rare defeat last weekend, conceding two late goals and losing 2-1 at home to HOLLAND FC.

However, they responded in the best possible fashion with an emphatic victory at the Taydal Stadium.

They had five different scorers, with their goals coming from Harry Mann, Luke Mayhew, Shaun Kioussis, Ethan Abrahams and Jordan Heath.

Oakley remain second as leaders White Ensign won 4-3 at WIVENHOE TOWN.

Two goals from Mike Fitzgibbon and one from Tom Lakin were not enough for the Dragons in a dramatic match at the Blackstone Stadium.

Holland won again, this time 3-1 at home to Burnham Ramblers.

Former Norwich City starlet Anthony Spyrou scored twice, sandwiching a goal from fellow new-boy Adie Cant.

HALSTEAD TOWN got back on track after their defeat at May and Baker with a 4-2 victory at Hackney Wick.

Conor Scurlock, Chris Harris, Kane Munday and Harris again scored their goals, with the last three goals coming in the final 15 minutes.

The first division south programme kicked-off on Friday and one of the two games saw COGGESHALL UNITED win 2-1 at home to Frenford.

Nico Farthing and Marc Gorbell scored for the Weavers.

HARWICH AND PARKESTON had been due to entertain Lopes Tavares in a First Division Knockout Cup quarter-final.

However, the match was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch and has been rearranged for February 4.

STANWAY ROVERS and FC CLACTON both faced long away trips in the premier division.

Promotion-chasing Rovers were at Godmanchester Rovers while the Seasiders visited Kirkley and Pakefield.

Unfortunately, both finished empty-handed, with Danny Slatter's Stanway losing 4-3.

Tom Blackwell, Jon Carver and Darren Mills scored their goals.

Clacton, meanwhile, went down 3-1, with their goal being a last-gasp consolation from Mekhi McKenzie.

BRANTHAM ATHLETIC were also on their travels, at Haverhill Rovers, and won 2-0.

Both their goals came in the first half, scored by Jack Marshall and Harrison Bacon.

BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT continued their revival in the BetVictor Isthmian League premier division with a hard-earned goalless draw at Wingate and Finchley.

It was their third draw in four games and Kem Izzet’s side had a new face among their ranks, having signed Argentinian Luca Grisi.

MALDON AND TIPTREE had been due to get the division north programme underway on Friday night.

However, their match at Romford was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch at The Arena.

Rivals HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS were unable to take advantage of their neighbours’ inactivity, losing 1-0 at home to Basildon United.

Conor Tyrell scored the only goal in the 79th minute.

COGGESHALL TOWN also had a bad day at the office, losing 4-1 at Dereham Town.

They made the worst possible start and were two-down in nine minutes, after early goals from Adam Smith and Adam Hipperson.

Nnamdi Nwachuku halved the deficit but Dereham added further goals from Toby Hilliard and Robbie Linford.

To complete a disappointing day for our division north sides, WITHAM TOWN lost 4-2 at new leaders Aveley.

George Sykes, Alexander Akrofi, Harry Gibbs and Akrofi again put the hosts in a commanding position but Marc Benterman’s side finished strongly, scoring late goals through Marcus Bowers and Scott Kemp.

BRAINTREE TOWN were unable to build on last week’s stunning, much-needed Vanarama National League South victory at Oxford City as they slid to a 1-0 defeat at home to Slough Town.

The Rebels claimed maximum points thanks to a first-half strike from Warren Harris.