STANWAY ROVERS continued their push near the top of the Thurlow Nunn League table with an excellent 4-2 victory at Gorleston.

Tom Blackwell was their hat-trick hero in the premier division contest and Danny Cunningham curled home an unstoppable free-kick from 35 yards.

Danny Slatter's men are third in the table, two points behind second-placed Newmarket Town with a game in hand on the Jockeys.

Stanway's next match is a big one as they entertain Wroxham, in fourth, at The Hawthorns next Saturday.

Newmarket strengthened their position with a 3-1 victory at home to FC CLACTON.

Kevin Coyle notched the Seasiders' consolation goal from the penalty spot, after 64 minutes.

Tom Austin's side have just completed the signing of Jordan Blackwell, from Stanway.

BRANTHAM ATHLETIC were also on their travels, in the premier division, but suffered a 2-0 defeat at Norwich United.

Despite being on top for spells, the Imps were unable to capitalise.

Into first division south and leaders LITTLE OAKLEY enhanced their position at the summit with a brilliant 3-0 victory at Wormley Rovers.

Danny Garrad, Jamie Beecham and birthday boy Luke Mayhew were on target for the Acorns.

Matt Carmichael's side are two points clear of White Ensign, who hopped into second place after winning 4-0 at Barkingside.

There was also a great win for Oakley's neighbours HARWICH AND PARKESTON, who continued their revival with a 1-0 success at Hackney Wick.

Sean Bartlett scored their winning goal on the hour-mark.

The Shrimpers, who have signed Hayden Dutch on loan from Stanway, have now won three and drawn two of their six matches under manager Mike Wallace.

Their next fixture is against COGGESHALL UNITED, who were 2-0 winners at home to Benfleet.

Alex Owudey and Khristopher Oti netted for the Weavers.

The first division south programme got underway with two matches of note on Friday night.

Neighbours BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT RESERVES and WIVENHOE TOWN shared the spoils from a 1-1 draw at the Taydal Stadium.

Regent were leading at half-time but Mike Fitzgibbon equalised for the Dragons.

HALSTEAD TOWN suffered a 3-1 defeat at May and Baker.

Callum Vincent's early goal gave them a half-time lead but the hosts turned the match on its head with three second-half goals.

HOLLAND FC were without a fixture at the weekend.