HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS and MALDON AND TIPTREE eased into the next round of the FA Trophy after emphatic home victories on Saturday.

Karl Duguid’s Swifts were too strong for BetVictor Isthmian League south central division side Hertford Town, running out 4-1 winners at the Aspen Waite Arena.

Maldon, meanwhile, flexed their muscles against division north rivals Felixstowe and Walton United and notched a 5-0 victory.

COGGESHALL TOWN bowed out after a 2-1 defeat at Bracknell Town.

Swifts were in clinical form in their extra-preliminary round tie, hitting three goals in the first half.

Alex Teniola put them ahead just after the midway point and more followed from Evans Kouassi and Jack Adlington-Pile.

Matthew Price’s late fourth stretched the lead before an even later consolation from Hertford’s Kevin Zola.

Swifts will be joined in the preliminary round on October 12 by neighbours Maldon, who carried their ruthless league form into the Trophy, running out clear winners at home to north division rivals Felixstowe.

The Jammers are top of the table with six wins out of six and they were always on top in this contest thanks to two early goals from Danny Parish.

His first came from the penalty spot.

Parish completed his hat-trick just before the hour-mark and it was high fives for the Jammers thanks to further goals from Charlee Hughes and Jorome Slew.

Coggeshall travelled to Berkshire for a meeting with south central division side Bracknell.

Having won four of their seven league matches so far, the Seedgrowers were hoping to bounce back from a rare defeat last weekend when they went down 3-2 at Cambridge City.

However, they bowed out after a 2-1 defeat, following goals in either half from Mitchell Parker and Dan Carr.

Bracknell were reduced to ten men after a red card for keeper Mark Scott before Nnamdi Nwachuku’s late penalty gave Coggeshall hope.

As a result of their success, Swifts and Maldon pocketed £1,500 while the Seedgrowers banked £500.

The performance of the day award is a tough one to call with two clear and worthy winners.

However, Maldon just about take the plaudits after notching five goals and keeping a clean sheet.

It's been an incredible start to the season for Wayne Brown's men.

WITHAM TOWN were without a game on Saturday.

Unlike their north division neighbours, BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT were in premier division action at home to Sussex outfit Lewes.

Having lost their previous two, Tom Rothery’s side needed a fillip and it looked like they might get one after opening a two-goal lead thanks to first-half goals from Matt Cripps and Ricky Griggs.

However, Dayshonne Golding halved the deficit just before the hour-mark and the visitors were awarded a penalty eight minutes from time, converted by substitute Kayne Diedrick-Roberts.

Lewes then broke Regent’s heart with a stoppage-time third by Olajuwon Adeyemo.

Brightlingsea are back at home on Tuesday night, when their visitors are Enfield Town.

There is also a north division fixture of note, with Heybridge at home to Soham Town Rangers.