AN electrical fault caused a fire in the roof of a bungalow in Clacton.

Firefighters were called to the property, in Credon Drive, at around 7.05pm on Saturday.

When the two crews, both from Clacton, arrived they reported the semi-detached bungalow and roof space was full of smoke.

The electricity supply was isolated and then firefighters cut away parts of the ceiling to locate the fire.

Crews also used ladders to get onto the roof to fight the fire and extinguished it within ten minutes.

The roof has been left partially damaged by the fire, the cause of which was recorded as accidental and due to an electrical fault.