Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting CFGNEWS to 80360 or email us »
Duke continues recovery in hospital
The Duke of Edinburgh remains in hospital for a fifth day as he continues to receive treatment for a bladder infection.
Philip, who is 91, was admitted to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary on Wednesday, during his and the Queen's annual summer break at Balmoral.
Officials said at the time that he would be in the NHS hospital for a few days.
The Duke has so far not received any visits from other members of the Royal Family after doctors on Friday advised him to rest. However, he is said to have been in constant contact with his relatives by phone.
Buckingham Palace did not issue any updates on the Duke's condition on Saturday, though he was previously said to be responding well to treatment for a recurrence of the infection he suffered in the summer.
An RAF search and rescue helicopter was dispatched to fly Philip to hospital on Wednesday but poor visibility and heavy rain meant the crew were unable to reach him. The Duke made the journey of almost 50 miles from the castle in the Cairngorms to the city hospital by road in an ambulance instead.
His latest health scare comes less than three months after he spent five nights in hospital with a bladder infection following the Diamond Jubilee Pageant on the River Thames. He had to miss some of the key celebrations for the Queen's 60-year reign after he was admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital in London the day after braving wet and windy elements on a barge for several hours.
Philip also had a successful procedure to clear a blocked coronary artery in December and was in hospital for four nights over Christmas.
When he was in Scotland earlier this month, he supported the Queen at engagements including hosting a tea party at Balmoral.
It is not yet known whether he will attend his next official engagement - accompanying the Queen to the opening of the London 2012 Paralympic Games on August 29.