RESIDENTS who started a campaign to have some streetlights switched back on to make Tendring safer have distributed petitions to a new selection of shops.
Essex County Council now shuts off the majority of streetlights int he district from midnight-5am.
But petitions have been distributed to a host of shops across the area asking for the lights to be switched on again.
It is now available to sign in Holland-on-Sea at the Kings Avenue Post Office, the Stratford Road Post Office, the Co-op in Frinton Road and the Co-op in Coopers Lane.
The petition can also be signed at:
- The Olde Sweetshop, Pier Avenue, Clacton
- Geo’s Fish Bar, West Avenue, Clacton
- N Tyce Nails, Rosemary Road, Clacton
- Swan Taxis, Rosemary Road, Clacton
- The Kabin, High Street, Clacton
- Post Office, High Street, Clacton
- Lulu’s Tattoo, West Avenue, Clacton
- Premier Grill, Coopers Lane, Clacton
- Dot’s newsagents, Broadway, Jaywick
- Post Office, Beach Way, Jaywick
- Tudor Store, Tudor Parade, Jaywick
- Seawick Holiday Park, St Osyth