Great Bentley: Woman burned in bonfire accident

Woman burned in bonfire accident

Woman burned in bonfire accident

First published in News

A WOMAN suffered burns to her face and arms after a bonfire accident.

The woman was standing by the controlled garden fire in Great Bentley when petrol was poured onto it.

It ignited and burned the woman’s skin, leaving her needing hospital treatment.

Paramedics were called to the scene at about 1.15pm today.

Medic John Woolfenden said: “We treated a woman in her 30s who suffered superficial burns to her face, arms and hands.

“We administered pain relief at the scene and she was conveyed to Colchester General Hospital for further treatment."

The ambulance service has urged people to stay safe while lighting garden fires in the wake of the incident.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree