Clacton: Gas explosion destroys rugby club storage container

Gas explosion destroys rugby club storage container

Gas explosion destroys rugby club storage container

First published in News
Last updated

A GAS cylinder explosion destroyed a storage container near Clacton Rugby Club.

Firefighters were called to the site, off Valley Road, just after midnight after receiving a mass of calls from members of the public.

Crews from Weeley and Clacton were called out to tackle the resulting blaze, extinguishing the flames by 1.10am this morning.

The explosion did not damage the nearby Rugby clubhouse.

Read tomorrow's Clacton Gazette for more details.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree